Deep Thoughts...

Ramblings of the easily distracted... Hey - what's that?

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Laguna Seca Raceway, May 2008

It's been some time since I was last at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California. But when I received a short notice invite from Trackmasters about a week before the event, I jumped at the opportunity. One of the drawbacks about Laguna though is the extremely strict sound limits - 92db. I elected to have my stock exhaust put back on the car, and was glad I did, as many people ended up working on their cars instead of focusing on driving due to sound violations.

The day started out with a light rain, but fortunately, this cleared up by the 3rd session of the day. I was a bit concerned, as I had Yokohama racing slicks on. Traffic was pretty light - definitely less than 30 cars per session. Quite a variety of interesting cars there, including 2 other Lotus Exiges (no Elises), a lot of Porsches including a 997 GT3RS, a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, a Audi RS4, a new E92 BMW M3 (600 miles!), a new Mitsubishi Evo X, a Radical SR4 and even a few old NASCAR/Winston cup cars.

This was my first time running with Trackmasters, and they seemed like a pretty good group of guys - had a decent amount of track time - 2 20 minute sessions and 4 25 minute sessions.

My next event is July 19th at Sears Point (Infineon Raceway). Photos ©Carlos Oliveros of extpictures.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home