Deep Thoughts...

Ramblings of the easily distracted... Hey - what's that?

Friday, February 08, 2008

Ralph Lauren Paint SUCKS!

After one coat of primer, and 3 (THREE) coats of paint on the ceiling with Ralph Lauren Designer Studio White, the ceiling looks like crap with roller marks all over the place. Ralph Lauren paints (made by ICI) is just junk - really thin paint, that dries patchy.

I should've done my research, but we were just sucked in by the slick marketing & the great color palettes. In retrospect, a simple search on "Ralph Lauren paint" shows over 1000 posts on bobvila.com most by people (like me) ready to throw $350+ worth of paint out the window!

Ugh. I'm really disappointed, Ralph - I thought you only put your name on quality stuff.

I think what just infuriates me to no end is the fact that we actually paid more for a lower quality product. That just makes me fume. It would be one thing if it were more expensive, but similar quality, but no, it's just a crap product.

Update: Saturday, 2/9.
We took the RL paint back to Grays Paints where we bought it - and they were good enough to exchange it for Benjamin Moore, although they had to do some visual adjustments after the computer tried to match the RL colors. So far, we've only painted a ceiling with the Benjamin Moore paint, but the difference in thickness/consistency & quality is already immediately evident.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thought it was my painting style that was bad.you're 100% correct,Ralph Lauren paint ruined my project a few years ago,the paint peeled of after a couple of weeks when i put the blue tape to do the trimmings.this paint is the worst.

12:04 PM  
Blogger vance said...

The magic of Paint is immediate, whether highlighting the architectural detail of a room, emphasizing its size or concealing its diminutive portions, accenting furniture or simply adding a splash of freshness, sexiness, luxury or sophistication.
ralph lauren paint

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home