Deep Thoughts...

Ramblings of the easily distracted... Hey - what's that?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Passion | Obsession

June 27th 2006.

I recently bought a DVD of a the Supra Nationals 2006 in Texas. Yes, I bought a DVD of a car meet. Does that sound strange? I guess so. The event had a number of sections - a road course, a dyno, a show and shine, etc. and various prizes for each section. I bought the DVD because I was considering going to one of big events, but I hadn't counted on how obsessive some people can be. For instance, the dyno day had 32 cars participating. The average horsepower was 806 hp. Note, I said average! The range went from 375 to 1355 or something ridiculous like that... I'd say that fine line between passion and obsession has been crossed, wouldn't you? (A lot of people have asked how much horsepower my Supra makes. Suffice it to say, in this company I'd be below average. :()

Looking forward to the short week next week. With Monday and Tuesday off, and I'm planning on taking a half day off on Friday to go racing again. It appears there's a drift day at Infineon on Saturday, so I'm curious to see how we're going to be sharing the track. I am planning on bringing my camera to get some good pictures of this event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home